Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello World!

It's no secret among my family and friends that I am a addict of all things nail related. How do I know? Well...let me explain:
  • My stash of polish is nearing the 150 mark and growing daily!
  • I keep a polish wish list on me at all times...just in case I happen upon a big find! (I plan to post my wish list soon so stay tuned)
  • The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I do before I go to sleep at night is read through my favorite blogs on my phone. Its a great way to start and end the day and I'm so thankful for all the work those incredible ladies put into their blogs!
  • I now talk in nail-speak....I regularly refer to my polish of choice as my "NOTD", I rave about finding more "flakies", and I know how both spell and pronounce Seche Vite, Nfu.Oh, and Illamasqua!
  • I no longer get professional manicures because after painting my nails at least 3x/week for years I can do a better job...plus I have a preferred nail regiment that keeps my nails and cuticles looking pretty decent (more on the later as well)

    The list could go on, but why...if you're reading this blog you're probably in the same boat as me!

    So the reason I am starting a blog now after years of being a blog reader? It's partly selfish really...I want a way to document my favorite colors, manicures, designs, techniques, etc. But also it's to pay-it-forward. I am the polish addict that I am today thanks to all the amazing nail blogs out there. After years of benefiting from their fabulousness and polish advice this is, in a way, my way of giving back.

    So hop on board! I hope you'll enjoy the ride!

    1 comment:

    1. Yay!!! This is going to be so fun!!!! Mrs. Lacquer rocks!!!!

      ReplyDelete