It's no secret among my family and friends that I am a addict of all things nail related. How do I know? Well...let me explain:
- My stash of polish is nearing the 150 mark and growing daily!
- I keep a polish wish list on me at all times...just in case I happen upon a big find! (I plan to post my wish list soon so stay tuned)
- The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I do before I go to sleep at night is read through my favorite blogs on my phone. Its a great way to start and end the day and I'm so thankful for all the work those incredible ladies put into their blogs!
- I now talk in nail-speak....I regularly refer to my polish of choice as my "NOTD", I rave about finding more "flakies", and I know how both spell and pronounce Seche Vite, Nfu.Oh, and Illamasqua!
- I no longer get professional manicures because after painting my nails at least 3x/week for years I can do a better job...plus I have a preferred nail regiment that keeps my nails and cuticles looking pretty decent (more on the later as well)
So the reason I am starting a blog now after years of being a blog reader? It's partly selfish really...I want a way to document my favorite colors, manicures, designs, techniques, etc. But also it's to pay-it-forward. I am the polish addict that I am today thanks to all the amazing nail blogs out there. After years of benefiting from their fabulousness and polish advice this is, in a way, my way of giving back.
So hop on board! I hope you'll enjoy the ride!