Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

China Glaze White Cap

This was the only polish I bought from the Anchors Away collection although I did like Below Deck, Pelican Grey and Sea Spray. It's actually kind of a fluke that I bought this one because I don't usually buy sheers but there was something about White Cap! And I have to say I certainly wasn't disappointed!

White Cap is fairly sheer so it probably would be best to layer. I have seen several pictures out there in the blogosphere of it used alone and it seems to take about 3-4 coats to build to non-VNL opacity. I am showing it here layered over Sinful Color's Boom Boom.




I actually really like this layered over the bubble-gum pink of Boom Boom. It gives it this sophisticated (IMHO) gold flash/glass fleck finish. It sparkles in low light too! I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of use out of White Cap this spring!

What other laying combos have you tried with White Cap?

2 comments:

  1. oh nooooooo i cant afford any more layering polishes LOl this is gorgeous, might have to make an exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cathryn: HEHE! You totally should! :) I'll have to do a whole post on this one layered over other stuff (I'm thinking black and purple!) It's my latest obsession!

    ReplyDelete